What BBK eats
Banana Strawberry Muffins
September 7th, 2014
Moist & flavorful – pretty hard to believe they’re also low-fat & Gluten Free! Bananas and strawberries have a natural sweetness & give these healthy muffins a delicious flavor.
NOTE: This recipe made 6 standard size muffins.
- 1 1/4 Cup of Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix (Gluten & Wheat Free)
- 2 Organic bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 egg (optional) —-can be enjoyed without the egg.
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees.
- In a blender, puree the bananas & strawberries
- Pour Pamela’s Baking Mix along with all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients together until blended well.
- Place muffin cups in muffin pan. Use either a spoon or measuring cup to fill the muffin cups with mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 19-21 minutes. **I check them at 19 minutes by sticking a tooth pick in them. If the tooth pick comes out clean, the muffins are done. If the toothpick has muffin mix on it, allow them to cook a little longer.**
NOTE: Baking the fresh strawberry on top leaves that spot extremely moist once the muffins are done.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!