What BBK eats
BBK’s Black Bean Chili
November 13th, 2014
If you love the convenience of a one- dish meal simmering on the stovetop, this Homemade Black Bean Chili is for you! So fresh tasting and easy to prepare. Perfect protein packed – comfort food for a cold winter day.
- 2 lbs of grass fed ground sirloin OR ground beef
- 2 cups of Dry Black Beans OR 2 cans Organic Canned Black Beans
- 1 yellow bell beeper – chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper – chopped
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic – minced
- 4 tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Kosher Salt
- 4 Organic Roma Tomatoes – chopped
- 14 ounce can Organic tomato sauce
- Scallions — thinly sliced/chopped
- 1 Jalapeño
- 2 pinches of Habanero pepper **HOTT** Optional
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
If using Dry Black Beans:
1. Soak black beans in pot with about an inch of water about above the beans. (do this overnight if possible – if not at least 4-6 hours)
2. Drain water and rinse beans very well.
3. Place beans back in pot. & Add water 1 inch above the beans. Add 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt to water and turn on Med-High heat until it begins to boil. Once boiling, turn on low and place top on pot. Cook for 2 hrs or until beans are tender.
1. Turn on pan to Med-High heat and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Add meat, cook until done and then drain.
3. Place meat in pot and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, chopped onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, tomatoes, garlic, tomato sauce, and Black Beans.
4. Turn pot on Med-High heat and chili powder, cumin, and sea salt. Stir all ingredients together and let simmer. Turn heat to low and let cook 45mins – 1hr.
5. Serve in bowl, top with cheddar and jalapeños. OR WHATEVER YOU LIKE 🙂 *Avocados are also a tasty addition. Enjoy!
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!