What BBK eats
Chicken Vegetable Soup
October 22nd, 2014
This chicken vegetable soup is a great tasting, simple to make, and full of nutrients from natural herbs, spices, and vegetables. Protein packed, flavorful, and perfect for a cold day!
- 4 Medium sized boneless skinless chickenbreast
- 2 large white potatoes
- 1 bunch of Organic kale (remove stems)
- 1 bunch of Organic carrots (chopped)
- 1 Habanero pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 – 32oz of Organic chicken broth
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1/2 ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Cube chicken breast and place in large bowl.
2. Season chicken with salt & pepper
3. Place soup pot on Med high heat, add olive oil, thyme, bell pepper, minced garlic, onions, and scallions.
4. Add chicken breast to pot. Let brown, then add chicken broth.
5. Bring to boil and add chopped carrots and potatoes.
6. Set heat to simmer place whole uncut habanero pepper a float on top of soup. Cover pot and cook for 45 mins.
7. **To save nutritional value of the kale, we don’t like to add the kale to the pot while cooking. Add the kale to your individual bowls of soup. Lightly stir in so that the kale is covered in broth. The kale will soften just right.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!