What BBK eats
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
April 28th, 2015
This smoothie is more like a treat!!! 🙂 So creamy and so delicious. Loaded with protein from the All Natural peanut butter and healthy fats from the almonds and avocados – Guaranteed to fuel you up Pre Workout or even great as a filling snack or yummy dessert option.
Ingredient Highlight: Organic Carob Powder : another Farmers Market Find.
Carob powder has a similar appearance to cacao powder, but it has a milder sweeter taste. Carob powder provides more fiber than cacao powder. *Rich in antioxidants. Carob provides a type of carbohydrate that may prevent hemorrhoids, fight constipation, lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels. *helpful for treating diarrhea in children.
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup of shaved almonds
- 1 Organic banana
- 1/4 cup of organic Carob Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Organic peanut butter
- 1 cup of Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup of ice water (my preference)
- topped with Peruvian Organic Cocoa Nibs (Farmers Market Find)
1. Slice avocado and remove seed. Add all ingredients to the blender or Nutri- Bullet. Blend well and enjoy!
NOTE: The thickness of the smoothie can be made to our liking. I used half and avocado to avoid the pudding like consistency. *If you like a thicker consistency, use the whole avocado. You can also freeze it and enjoy and a frozen treat as well.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!