What BBK eats
Grilled Chicken Tacos
August 13th, 2014
Who doesn’t love taco night? Our protein packed restaurant style grilled chicken tacos with a home made Pico- is very easy to make. Something the entire family can enjoy!
- 2 chicken breast (cut in half the long way)
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Organic tomato
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bundle cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeño Chile pepper
- 1 Avocado
- Whole wheat wrap (low calorie wrap/tortilla of your choice)
- Cheddar Cheese
For Pico de Gallo:
- Dice Organic tomato
- Finely chop green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, green onion, and fresh minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Finely chop ½ jalapeño & ½ of the Serrano pepper
- Slice fresh lime & squeeze lime juice onto ingredients. (use both halves)
- Sprinkle sea salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
For Chicken Breast:
**For best results, marinade chicken over night.**
- Clean and slice chicken breast-place in bowl.
- Add olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, slice lime in ½ & squeeze one ½ onto the chicken breast.
- Cover bowl, and allow chicken breast to marinade 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Allow chicken breast to sit out 30 minutes or until it’s room temperature before cooking.
- Turn on grill pan to Med-High heat, coat pan with olive oil.
- Remove chicken breast from marinade, pat dry and place chicken breast on the grill.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes each side until done.
- Remove from pan. And slice to your liking.
- Warm whole wheat tortilla (by oven)
10. Fill tortilla with chicken breast, top with fresh pico de gallo, sliced avocado, and cheddar cheese.
11. Plate & Enjoy!
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!