What BBK eats
Grilled Honey Balsamic – Glazed Peaches
September 30th, 2018
Saying farewell to summer, with sweet Georgia peaches!
Last weekend, was our neighborhood annual lantern parade. This is such a fun night and even more so this year because our daughter Elle is old enough to enjoy all of the creative lights and music. On this night, we invite a few friends over, Kariim fires up the grill, I do the side dishes, and we make a signature cocktail.
Since I had a few peaches left, we decided to put them on the green egg grill. They turned out delicious! Some of our guest added the peaches to their salad – while others put a scoop of ice-cream on them and enjoyed them for dessert.
The peaches are very simple to make. You may caramelize to your liking.
Hope you enjoy them!
- 3-4 organic peaches (base this on the amount of people you’re serving)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Rinse peaches well and cut into halves. Then sit aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey – cook and stir over low heat 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Reserve 1/3 cup of the mixture for brushing peaches.
- Bring remaining mixture to boil over medium heat; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or just leave mixture until it thickens slightly (but do not over cook). Remove from heat.
- Brush peaches with some of the reserved balsamic mixture. Grill covered, on an oiled rack – over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until cartelized. Brushing occasionally with remaining reserved balsamic mixture. Serve with glaze on ice cream, on a salad or just enjoy!
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!