What BBK eats
July 13th, 2018
Organic hemp milk is a staple in our home and something I enjoy making!
We add it to our steel cut oats, smoothies, and our daughter Elle drinks it.
It’s full of nutrients & tasty!
What is Hemp Milk?
Hemp milk is a completely natural – plant based milk derived from hemp seeds. The nutty creamy milk is created when the seeds are soaked and ground/blended in water.
Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds:
- Hemp seeds are rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids. They are a great source of protein and contain high amounts of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, and zinc.
- Hemp seeds contain all 8 essential amino acids.
- One glass of homemade hemp milk contains more protein than a glass of cows milk.
- Hemp seeds can be consumed raw, cooked, roasted, or in milk form.
- Hemp seeds may reduce high blood pressure and risk of heart disease.
- Aids in digestion.
Ingredients For Hemp Milk Recipe:
- 1 cup of organic hemp hearts
- 4 cups of water
- 4 – 6 organic dates (choose based on your desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- a pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Add hemp seeds, dates, and water (additional ingredients if using) to high speed blender.
- Blend until the seeds are broken up and creamy milk is produced. (I usually blend about a minute or so)
- Store in glass jar with secure lid for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. (keep cold)
Video Demonstration Below:
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!