What BBK eats
March 23rd, 2020
We love collard greens as a side dish!!
I often cook a collard + kale combo. Though, this his week at the farmers market, they didn’t have any organic collards. So I chose to do all kale (Curly Kale + Lacinato Kale also known as Dino Kale).
SOOOOOOO GOOOOD! My family request it this way moving forward.
What Are The Health Benefits of Kale?
- Kale is among the most nutrient- dense foods on the planet.
- It’s loaded with powerful antioxidants.
- Kale is an excellent source of Vitamin C
- Kale can help lower cholesterol, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It’s rich in vitamin K. ….just to name a few.
Wash and clean kale thoroughly before cooking.
- 3 bundles of organic curly kale
- 3 bundles of organic dino kale
- Organic chicken broth (2x)
- 2 smoked turkey tails
- 1/2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 green been peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 white onion (chopped)
- salt to taste
- garlic to taste
- In a large pot, pour in the broth add turkey tails and let boil.
- Once boiling, add kale.
- Stir until covered in broth then Cover with lid and Cook on low.
- Allow kale to cook until soft to your liking. (NOTE: Do not cook too long to savor some of the nutrients 🙂
- Once done, serve and Enjoy!
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!