What BBK eats
Kettle One or Patron – Low Calorie Cocktails
March 29th, 2015
It’s the weekend!!! Let’ unwind with a delicious cocktail.
Cocktails can be enjoyed even while on your fitness journey. It’s all about the ingredients! The sweet “MIXERS” add on the calories like no other – being that they consist mainly of sugar. That’s where you have to be careful . So what we like to do is swap out the artificial flavored sweet mixers for fresh fruit.
Fit Tip: If you’re out at bar or restaurant and don’t have access to fresh fruit, always go for the lower calorie cocktails like, Wine, Mojitos, Skinny girl Margaritas, Vodka with a “splash” of soda, etc– and a fresh lime or lemon.
- Kettle One or Patron (your choice)
- 6 organic strawberries
- 1 lime (cut in half)
- mint leaves (to your liking)
- crushed ice
- small bowl
- cocktail shaker
1. Remove leaves from strawberries, slice them in half, and place them in a small bowl. Use a muddler to mash the berries until they are mashed and flat.
2. With a spoon, scoop a tablespoon of the berries from the bowl and place in glass.
3. In a cocktail mixer, add half a cup of shaved ice then Pour your desired amount of alcohol into the mixer. Squeeze 1/2 of the cut fresh lime juice in the cocktail shaker. Cover and shake well. *Drink Responsibly*
4. Pour the well shaken cocktail in the glass with the muddled berries. Add fresh mint leaves.
*Note: I sliced from the other 1/2 of the lime to add to my glass. feel free to add more lime or strawberries.
Question????? Can you guess which one of us had the Kettle One & who had the Patron? 🙂
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!