What BBK eats
Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte
October 18th, 2015
After speaking to one of my clients about her weight loss goals, I was inspired to do this recipe.
This client has been battling to lose weight and we were trying to narrow down why. She comes to the gym consistently, always gives 100% each session, and is “eating healthy” and doing the additional cardio her her own.
After digging a little deeper and really discussing her diet – she revealed that she has been having a large Pumpkin Spice Lattte from Dunkin Donuts everyday, sometimes twice a day. She also likes to go to Starbucks. WOW!!!!
I get it, It’s the perfect drink for this time of year…..
I did a little research. A regular size pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or any other chain ranges between 370 – 710 calories. That’s regular size.
So if you’re getting a tall or LARGE, you can easily be taking in 1000 or more calories in one latte. Sucks for your waistline!
Not to mention, most if not all of the ingredients are artificial. No real pumpkin :(.
Moderation is key when enjoying your favorite cheats. If you’re going to have it, why not have the real thing? Using fresh ingredients, has a lot less calories, and is less damaging on your fitness goals.
Below is our healthy twist on a high calorie favorite.
- 1/4 Fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 cups Coconut or Almond Milk
- 2 teabags or Organic Chai Tea
- 1 tsp of honey
- Sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice (pinch)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Organic banana
- Boil water in tea kettle until it whistles. Steep tea bags in hot water for 6 minutes. Then remove bags and sit tea aside.
- In a blender or food processor, pour in pumpkin puree, 1 banana, and add 1 cup of milk of your choice. Puree until smooth. (I used the liquify option towards the end to really smooth it out).
- In a small pot, add the puree from the blender, the other cup of milk, the vanilla, honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice. Stir in pot and Heat until almost boiling.
- With 2 glasses or mugs, fill each 1/2 way with Chai Tea and the other half with the pumpkin puree mixture. Stir evenly. Top with light whipped cream (optional). Sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin spice to your liking.
Note: I did use fresh pumpkin to create our puree. That is completely optional.
Left ove pumpkin puree….More pumpkin recipes to come! 🙂
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!