What BBK eats
Sausage Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
March 25th, 2015
Need a healthy meal made in minutes? Try this.
Stuffed sweet potatoes are simple and very nutritious easy meal idea that can be prepared ahead of time and enjoyed on the go. Something even the kids can enjoy.
I love the stuffed sweet potato idea, because you can really stuff them with whatever you want. Healthy options of course 🙂
For this one, we use chicken sausage, organic kale, and fresh grated cheddar. *Feel free to swap the kale for spinach. * That will be really tasty also.*
With this recipe, you’re getting a combination of protein, complex carbs, and fibrous carbs all in one.
Fit Tip: This is a great post- workout meal.
(Note: adjust ingredients based on the amount of people you’re feeding and if you’re doing meal prep. I suggest making extra to enjoy the next day.)
- 4 Large organic sweet potatoes
- 1 pound of chicken sausage
- 1 bundle of organic kale (use to your liking) we used about 5 stalks
- fresh cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven at 450. Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes (or put in microwave – press potato option – I think the standard time may be 6- 8 minutes depending the size of the sweet potato.
2. Brown sausage in a large skillet.
3. When sausage has browned, add the kale and sauté until kale is light wilted. (we like our kale light sautéed to preserve as many nutrients as possible.)
4. When sweet potatoes are soft, cut in half length wise. (not completely through, just enough to open the potato).
5. In a large baking sheet, place all potatoes. Begin to flatten inside of potato to make room for sautéed mixture. With a spoon, scoop out chicken sausage and kale combo and add to the potatoes. Evenly divide amongst all sweet potatoes.
6. Top each with fresh cheddar. Place in oven for about 10 minutes or until they’re browned/cheese has melted to your liking.
7. Remove from oven, let cool, plate and Enjoy!
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!