What BBK eats
April 27th, 2015
Along with homemade salsa, ceviche has to be one of my favorite things to make. I just love the fresh taste once all ingredients are together. Not only is it fresh, light, and easy to make- it’s the perfect protein packed + healthy snack.
Taste great on sliced cucumbers or fresh pita chips from Whole Foods.
- 1 pound of Wild Caught medium to large Shrimp (peeled and deveined) and sliced in half
- 1 small cucumber (skinned, quartered and sliced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño sliced (chopped)
- 1 fresh serrano (chopped)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 avocado (pitted and sliced-chopped)
- 1/3 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1. If using raw shrimp: place shrimp in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of lime juice and let stand for 15 minutes. (this process will cook the shrimp) *No more or less than 15 minutes.
2. While the shrimp is “cooking” in the bowl, begin to mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir well. At 15 minutes, transfer all ingredients to the same bowl as the shrimp. Cover and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
If using cooked shrimp: In a large bowl, add shrimp and all ingredients. Stir well and place in the refrigerator and allow the ceviche to chill for at least 2-4 hours.
If you need to cook your shrimp: Cook shrimp in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes or until just done. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Combine shrimp with the other ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
Another serving idea:)
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!