What BBK eats
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
August 13th, 2014
These fancy yet simple cucumber salmon bites make a perfect low calorie snack or healthy appetizer for a dinner party. They are high protein, low carb- the freshness of the cucumbers, pairs very well with the smoked salmon and creamy topping.
- 1 (12-inch) cucumber
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt or organic cream cheese
- ½ cup of capers
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into inch-long strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped, for garnish
- Slice cucumber into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, Greek Yogurt and pepper.
- To assemble, top a cucumber slice with a strip of salmon, a dollop (about 1/2 tsp) the Greek yogurt mixture, sliced avocado and garnish with dill.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!