What BBK eats
September 30th, 2018
Creamy, Fruity, Naturally sweet, Nutrient- rich, Healthy, Satisfying & Quick to Make! Words that describe this delicious smoothie bowl.
This bowl makes the perfect breakfast or snack – when you’re in a rush but need something substantial. Simply add a frozen banana and frozen mixed berries to a blender and blend on low. Blending on low is very important! This keeps the smoothie from liquifying too much – keeping a thicker texture. If you love ice cream, you’ll love the soft serve texture of the smoothie bowl!
Adding toppings like coconut flakes, chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds – for added nutrients, fiber, & protein is another delicious part of the smoothie bowl recipe. Though fruit toppings are a pretty addition to the bowl, it’s completely optional since the entire bowl is made of fruit.
Ingredients: Note: Feel free to add more or less per serving if needed. What I used was enough for 2 full servings for Kariim & I and a small serving for Elle.
- 2 cups of organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 small ripe banana
- 6 dates (pitted)
- 1/3 cup of hemp milk (or coconut milk, almond)
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice (optional)
Toppings: per bowl
- 1 Tbsp of organic shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- handful of walnuts
- fruit of your choice
- Add frozen berries, banana, and milk- to high speed blender and blend on low until small bits remain.
- Add protein powder (optional) and blend again on low until a little smoother.
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls and top with your choice of toppings.
- Best served fresh. Though leftovers can be kept in freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!