What BBK eats
Turkey Sausage English Muffin
August 13th, 2014
Our healthy rendition of the “Sausage Egg & Cheese McMuffin”. In this recipe, Kariim shares with you how to make your own ground turkey sausage patties with fresh herbs & spices.
- 1/4 pound ground turkey
- Olive oil
- 2 egg whites (you can use whole egg if you’d like)
- 1/2 cup of Organic Baby Arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of Ground black pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Whole wheat English muffin
Cooking Instructions: Cooking Demo
- Put ground turkey in a large bowl. Add sea salt, sage, crushed red pepper flakes, and ground pepper. With hands, mix in all ingredients.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and lightly coat skillet with olive oil.
- Shape turkey mixture into patties and place on pan. Cook 3-5 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Using a non-stick pan on medium high heat, pour 2 servings of eggs onto pan. Cook egg on one side until you’re able to flip with spatula. Flip egg and add cheddar cheese. Cook until cheese melts.
- Place English muffins in toaster and brown to your liking.
- Remove muffins, place on plate. Top with turkey sausage, eggs, and arugula.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!