What BBK eats
Wild Caught Salmon & Sautéed Bok Choy
July 12th, 2014
This Asian inspired recipe made with sesame oil & soy sauce is a very appetizing way to enjoy your salmon. Salmon is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, high quality protein, & essential amino acids. Kariim shares step by step how to make this flavorful dish.
What is Bok Choy? Bok Choy is a Chinese cabbage.
Suggestions: We suggest that you prep and marinade the salmon a few hours in advance. That way once you start cooking, this recipe will only take 15 minutes to complete.
- 2 bundles of Bok Choy
- 1lb wild caught salmon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. black bean sauce
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger root
Cooking Instructions: Cooking Demo
1.Clean salmon and place in shallow dish.
2. Finely chop fresh garlic and ginger
3. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, and black bean sauce in a bowl and stir.
4. Pour garlic, ginger and the sauce onto the salmon. Rub ingredients into the salmon.
5. Cover and place in the refrigerator and marinate for 2 hrs.
6. Remove salmon from the refrigerator and let sit until room temperature.
7. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
8. Place salmon in the overn for 12-15 minutes.
9. Turn stove on Med high heat, lightly coat with olive oil.
10. Place Bok Choy in pan & sauté to desired doness.
12. Remove salmon from oven and plate along with Bok Choy.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!