What BBK eats
Zucchini Noodle Salad
August 30th, 2015
Quick and Easy to Make!!
The perfect summer dish. Zucchini is a lighter and a lower carb alternative to grain based noodles. Pair them with your favorite veggies for a flavorful, healthy meal the entire family can enjoy.
I was craving a bit of spicy and sweet when I made this. It definitely hit the spot 🙂
*AMOUNT IS BASED ON HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU’RE COOKING FOR. ARE YOU MAKING MEAL PREP FOR A FEW DAYS? ARE YOU MAKING ENOUGH FOR ONE SERVING? Adjust ingredients to fit your needs.
- Organic zucchini
- sweet peppers
- 1/2 fresh mango (sliced/chopped)
- 1 cup organic baby heirloom tomatoes
- 2 stalks chives
- 1/4 goat cheese crumbles (optional)
- grilled chicken breast (optional)
- One zucchini at a time: place into spiral slicer and turn to create long strands that resemble spaghetti noodles. Repeat with all zucchini until complete.
- Begin slicing all the other ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing. *Sriracha (the red sauce in the photo) is what I used to give it a spicy taste. I whipped it with a little chicken broth to dilute the thickness. Poured over the salad and tossed it around in a large bowl.
- NOTE: I had chicken breast grilled already from a previous meal prep. I decided to add that at the last minute for protein. It was a nice addition. added a little goat cheese crumbles. And Enjoyed!
This recipe can be enjoyed raw or lightly tossed/sautéed in a pan. Have fun with it. Add whatever veggies you like.
Mine after adding sauce.
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!